Tuesday, November 5, 2013

"Santiago Bernabeu was handsome, tall ... Made big to Real Madrid"

World   at  4:02 AM  No comments

How did Juve ?


-Vine in 1946 because the doctor Barengo village where I was born , it was Juve , and knew the technical manager of the entity, Borel . I had a reputation for scoring goals here and there very young . There was then the custom of making a pre - party to entertain the crowd , I was invited and went to Turin. We played against Fossano . We won 7-0 . You know how many I got ? The seven ...

"Santiago Bernabeu was handsome, tall ... Made big to Real Madrid"

- What did you find when you came to Juve ?


She was Rava , Locatelli , Parola ... There were many world champions. Foreigners came as Hansen , Martino or Praest . The pity is that in the late 50's when the European Cup began , the strongest team was Real Madrid.

- Did you know Bernabeu?


- Yes . He was a tall , handsome. He was a great character that became very big in Madrid.

- Did you play against Madrid ?


- I retired a few months before the round of 61 . I remember playing as a playmaker Del Sol right , took the ball and ran to the opposite goal . And Di Stefano, who was a genius , he shouted : "Luis , that the ball is not yours , it is of society ( the club) " . Then there was Puskas . I knew everyone . Pachín was the biggest ' hitting ' the world. How distributed ...

- He beat than Gentile ?


-Gentile was a saint compared to him ! Pachín had physical appearance , everything. It was bad . It was the classic bad group . Then there was Santamaría . Very good . Even as a man. Di Stéfano But I liked even more . Is he still alive ?

- Of course . Was it the best ever ?


-Wait ! I have seen many great players throughout my life , Di Stefano, Puskas , Charles , Sivori, Maradona ...

- Puskas What do you remember ?


He had a strong left foot . Di Stefano was going backwards and put it right there , where he wanted, and got a few goals ... They made the perfect couple.

- How did you feel when they came Sivori and John Charles ?


-Charles was the nicest person in the world, the strongest, but good. Moving only hurt you . He said : " John , we are friends of yours , defend , put your arms and in the area so that others spend ... " ( laughs). But no, he always played with arms down , was a good man , an extraordinary person.

- What did you think when you first saw him ?


He was a player incredibly high , 1.90 . He Military champion heavyweight boxing in their country ( Wales). He was a great boxer .

- Do you ever came to see him in action?


-Never ! He was the Giant Good . If it had hit someone would have shattered . And it was hilarious , it was known as superior to others when something was bothering him I would say, "Boni , hit to it that has misbehaved " .

- You never saw him out of it ?


- Well, once kicked the ground in frustration , and the ground shook , nearly breaking it. And again I saw him hit a slap to Sivori .

- Would you hit Sivori ?


- When was the Sivori Sivori , latin man , sometimes nervous. Sivori was intelligent and sympathetic, a leader on and off the field .

- How is that organized magical trio were the three ?


- They two were the tips. They ended up delaying my position. I moved from wing to wing ( from side to side ) .

- Remember the first time you spoke to L' Avvocato ?


- Gianni Agnelli was a fantastic guy . His grandfather was the Cross of Military Merit for fighting in the First World War. It was incredible things, like stand in the middle of training with a helicopter. And later, when I became president , I had to watch the games in his helicopter . A phenomenon .

- And his brother Umberto ?


- Very intelligent, very prepared . A family of good people. It was he who signed to Sivori and Charles . With L' Avvocato won two championships and his brother Umberto three . In total 14 , because I also won nine as president.

- You also made big signings , right?


-I was about to bring Maradona ! I went to Argentina but President Grondona , hated it , did not sign the pass. For a player to leave the federation had to sign . Otherwise, it was impossible. And then they gave it to Barcelona !

- Why not sign ?


'I had a lot of pressure from the people , would have killed him , I thought. Maradona to call me president. Went there with Sivori and convinced .

- Also wanted to sign to Gigi Riva, the great rival of the time.


- Whenever I saw him insulted him and told him he missed a good chance . I can insult because I am old , because I know him well . I wanted to buy , but was in love with Sardinia and Cagliari and could not get him out. I offered one billion lire, crazy for the time. Look, I brought to Del Piero , Platini , Bettega , Zoff , Laudrup ... Everyone was signing blank and then put the amount in their contracts. Nobody ever complained ...

- What is your best memory as a player?


- When I went to Wembley with the Cup team to play against England in 1953 . It was an honor . There I met with Spanish , Navarro . He acted ago. I played with Kubala , Nordahl , Vukas and Zebec frontline . We were 4-4, with two goals from Kubala and two mine.

- With all that won with Juve why this game?


'It was very special to me . We were about to defeat that England so far never lost at home. Leveled through a penalty that was pointed at the end. We wanted to eat the referee ! I remember the play. It was a high ball and our goalkeeper Yugoslav ( Beara ) cleanly jumped after him and caught him. And he gave a penalty ! We thought so ... But it does not put much , not elegant .

'Do not forget to talk with a reporter ... You never wanted to sign him Real Madrid?


- Yes , I think someone tried but knew I did not want to leave Juventus.

- Why did you decide to quit football at age 33 ?


- I played my last game against Inter. Was 7-1. Only my wife and I knew it was the last . A L' Avvocato only had said without letting so clear to avoid angry . Indeed , he tried to get me back several times.

- So what happened next?


- The company tried to sign Pele. But there was also a wall. The State of Brazil is not allowed out , as with Maradona ... And one day I passed the phone rang at six in the morning, which was when L' Avvocato called , and said : " Today you are going to the club and now send you. "

0 comments:

Television Stream | Creative Commons License |Privacy| Powered by Blogger | Blogger Content Policy| Report Copyright Violation all rights reserved ©2013 Free Live Football
© 2013 Free Live Football. WP Theme-junkie converted by Bloggertheme9
Blogger templates. Proudly Powered by Blogger.